Operation Christmas Child 2017

occ_logoIt’s time for Operation Christmas Child!

On Sunday, October 29 and November 5, we’ll be distributing boxes from the Welcome Center patio after all morning services. Last year was a banner year as we collected 1,407 boxes from FCBC members to send all over the world.

Each year, many ask “What do we put in … Continue Reading

My Plan

Since the week after Pam’s celebration of life at Fruit Cove, I have been on a journey; spiritual, physical, and emotional. I have driven almost 2,700 miles. It began with just revisiting areas of our life together… geographic touchpoints… that allowed me to remember, weep and give thanks for God’s goodness in allowing our lives … Continue Reading

Game Changers

Living in the Big Blue Nation this past week, I have been forced over and again to relive Kentucky’s painful loss last weekend (31st time in a row) to the Florida Gators. Our last minute failure to cover an open player cost us the game. That was by definition a game changer.

But some game … Continue Reading

Leadership 44

Most of us are good forgetters. We remember, according to most common statistics, about 3 percent of the things that happen to us and store those in conscious memory. The other 97% we forget. (Some days for me I think it may be 99%!) But normally, our conscious memory stuffs the majority of our life … Continue Reading